Most of the products we use in irrigation systems are PVC or PE plastic products, and the vast majority of plastic products will have performance changes due to the changes of environment, temperature and ultraviolet rays.
FSYDRIP Offtake valve is an essential part of irrigation system, as a joint between irrigation pipe and drip irrigation belt or drip irrigation pipe. It is usually made from two raw materials, polypropylene (PP) and polyoxymethylene (POM). What is the difference between these two materials?
Polypropylene is a nontoxic, odorless and tasteless milky thermoplastic resin prepared by polymerization of propylene.
Advantages: Polypropylene is one of the lightest plastics at present. It is very stable in water, the water absorption rate in water is only 0.01%, molecular weight is about 80, 000-150, 000. Good formability and bright gloss of finished products.
Disadvantages: High shrinkage, high temperature easy to soften
Polyformaldehyde thermoplastic crystalline polymer, milky white, opaque, with shiny surface and fishy smell. Known as “Super Steel” or “Over Steel”. English abbreviation is POM. The stabilized polyoxymethylene can be heated to 230 ℃ without significant decomposition. Polyoxymethylene can be molded by compression, injection, extrusion and blow molding, and the processing temperature is 170 ~ 200 ℃;
It is light in quality, hard, rigid and elastic, and stable in size. Friction coefficientSmall, low water absorption, good insulation performance and resistance to organic solvents; It can be used in a wide temperature range-50℃ ~ 105 ℃ and humidity range; Under the action of various solvents and chemical reagents, and under heavy load and long-term cyclic stress, the performance remains unchanged.
Which situation will make the offtake valve leak?
1. Raw materials
The ambient temperature is too high, such as tropical areas in summer, long-term high temperature will cause PP to soften, and under certain pressure, the valve handle will pop up or have cracks.
2. Structural composition
Without aprons, a complete irrigation fitting valve consists of body, handle and o-ring. Without o-ring, water will leak from the handle.
3. Man-made destruction
When agricultural vehicles work in the ground, they may crush the valve, which will also cause the valve to break and destroy.
4. Quality problems
Due to the factory reasons, the quality problems of the products themselves are caused.
How to avoid water leakage?
1. Choose products with stable quality and performance as much as possible, such as (POM). Although the price of POM is higher, it can reduce the failure rate by 70%.
2. Choose suppliers with better after-sales service. Because no matter which product you buy, there may be problems, and the key point is that the timeliness and attitude of dealing with problems are the most important. It can be used as a reference for communication and professionalism in the early stage.
3. Try to install the valve beside of the ground to avoid damage caused by agricultural work.
4. Double consideration of price and quality. FSYDRIP provides Free Samples for your testing, contact us now.
5. When purchasing, you can prepare a little more than the actual quantity (use when necessary).
PS: Irrigation offtake valve are a very easy to wear and tear products, if there are very few product damage belongs to the normal range, self-replacement can be.
FSYDRIP is a professional manufacturer of irrigation products, we hope that our sharing can give you help. If you have any questions, please fill out the website form or call directly, thank you.